If neck pain is interfering with your life, Dr. Robert Dhaliwal at Chiro Health Plus in Reading and Western Hills, OH, can help you achieve relief through natural healing methods.
Neck Pain and Chiropractic Care
Neck pain isn’t just a pain in the neck. It can cause headaches, irritability, make it difficult to focus, make it painful to move, and much more. Dr. Dhaliwal at Chiro Health Plus in Reading and Western Hills, OH, provides natural pain relief through various chiropractic techniques. Learn more in the guide below.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The following are the most common causes of neck pain.
- Age: Discs that cushion the bones in the neck tend to wear down over time.
- Injuries: Car accidents, falls, and contact sports can all lead to misalignment, herniated discs, compressed nerves, and soft tissue injuries.
- Chronic conditions: Spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, cervical disc degeneration, and similar conditions all cause or contribute to pain in and around the neck.
- Daily habits: Sleeping with the head twisted, sitting with poor posture, being inactive, leaning over a device for long periods, carrying heavy bags and purses, and other habits can cause pain in the neck.
It’s also important to note that the pain you experience in your neck can actually stem from an injury in another area of the body. This is called referred pain.
How Chiropractors Address Pain in the Neck
Chiropractors begin by determining exactly where the source of your pain lies. They assess the full musculoskeletal system to determine which component or components are at the root. From there, a customized plan of healing and relief is developed which may include any or all of the following techniques.
- Adjustments: Adjustments restore proper alignment to the neck and back, as alignment is foundational for true and lasting relief.
- Muscle stimulation: This technique uses tiny electrical currents to address muscle spasms and tension while improving blood flow and more.
- Cold laser therapy: Cold laser therapy can provide similar benefits to muscle stimulation to deep layers of tissue.
- Therapeutic massage: From tension relief to trigger point release, therapeutic massage can address pain, tension, and restrictions in the body.
Don’t let neck pain interfere with your life. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Dhaliwal at Chiro Health Plus today by calling our Western Hills location at (513) 251-2273 or our Reading location at (513) 948-9482.
We happily serve residents of Cincinnati, Western Hills, Price Hill, Norwood, Westwood, Bridgetown, Cheviot, Delhi, Dent, Green Township, Reading, Bond Hill, Avondale, Carthage, Roselawn, Hartwell, Forest Park, College Hills, North College Hills, Lockland, Lincoln Heights, Finneytown, Fairmount, Golf Manor, Silverton, and Pleasant Ridge, OH.