Contemporary sedentary lifestyles go against the inherent structure of the human body, which requires regular movement and activity to maintain health and strength. Without enough movement, the body becomes rigid, and pain and other symptoms begin. If you live in the greater Cincinnati area and are experiencing chronic or acute low back pain, contact Dr. Robert Dhaliwal of ChiroHealthPlus for help relieving these painful symptoms.
Because the body's natural disposition is for standing and movement, prolonged sitting can generate undue stress even with an appropriate posture. This stress has the potential to compress the discs in the lower back, possibly resulting in the development of lower back pain that may progress into a chronic condition.
Chiropractic Options for Low Back Pain Relief
Low back pain does not have to disrupt your active Cincinnati lifestyle. The chiropractors at ChiroHealthPlus offer these effective and complementary techniques and interventions that can help reduce or eliminate low back pain-
- Spinal adjustments – which can include adjustments by hand or instrument
- Muscle Stimulation
- Massage Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
Work and Lifestyle Solutions That Can Help Prevent or Relieve Low Back Pain
The first step to change begins by acknowledging the need for change. Fortunately, there are practical everyday solutions that exist to help restore balance to the sedentary aspects characterized by modern work or personal life.
- Stay aware of your sitting posture and adjust as necessary.
- Get up and move often – especially if your occupation requires you to sit for prolonged periods. Spinal disc problems in the lower back can be reduced by moving every 15 to 20 minutes. If you are talking on the phone, walk the office or your home to stay upright and active.
- Simple stretching helps to realign the spine by strengthening muscles.
- Be mindful of work environment ergonomics.
- Position your chair in a way that promotes relaxation in your shoulders and back.
- Maintain an upright posture, ensuring that your forearms remain parallel (or slightly lower) to the ground when typing. This helps prevent the natural tendency to shrug your shoulders.
Low Back Pain Relief is Available in our Two Cincinnati Locations
Research indicates that chiropractic techniques present effective and non-invasive alternatives for treating low back pain. Chiropractic adjustments provide relief for low back pain caused by prolonged or improper sitting, as well as various other issues.
Contact Dr. Dhaliwal or a staff member of ChiroHealthPlus at 513-251-2273 (Glenway Avenue), 513-948-9482 (Reading Road), or online.