Being in a car accident is a very difficult situation on a number of levels. Your pain is sometimes secondary to the aftermath of having your car at the mechanic as well as the stress of dealing with your insurance and potentially missing work.
While you are in a hurry to get your car fixed and back to normal activities, make sure to see your chiropractor before you make any major decisions. There could be underlying injuries that a minor stiff neck is not allowing you to uncover. A car accident is a major event and the trauma that comes from them could be significant.
Chiropractors are specialists in soft and hard tissue problems including the results that could come from the trauma from a car accident. Make sure you see your chiropractor to get a full examination.
- Vertebral subluxations that pinch the nerves
- Spinal disc fibers torn, discs separated
- Stretching, tearing of neck muscle fibers, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, nerves
- Blood vessels bruised, blood supply altered
- Vertebras injured
- Vertebras separated
- Neck's normal curve altered
Some symptoms may show immediately or within a few hours following a whiplash injury.B ut damaged, injured tissues often degenerate slowly, so sometimes symptoms don't develope for several days. Sometimes several weeks go by. Occassionally, several months lapse before symptoms present themselves
- Restricted neck movement
- Head, neck, shoulder, arm pain
- Pain between shoulders
- Fainting or "weak feeling" spells
- Head, neck, shoulders, arms feel heavy and tired
- Sense of balance altered
- Ringing in ears
- Hearing deminished
- Frequent nausea
- Low back pain
- Numb, cold, tingling hands, feet, arms, legs
- Heartbeat rapid, irregular, fluttery, pronounced
- Frequent anxiety, irritability, memory lapse
Call Us Today !!!
Western Hills Office Reading Office
(513) 251-2273 (513) 948-9482